Are you taking cricket seriously enough?
On the back of a remarkable T20 Vitality Blast campaign with Hampshire, Nathan Ellis has arguably established himself as the world’s finest exponent of at-the-death bowling. Ellis’ breath-taking last over of the final – against Lancashire at Edgbaston last week – was a perfect example of his immense skill and composure in a high pressured…
Tonight’s fixtures include an intriguing contest between the two form teams in the North Group. Derbyshire Falcons entertain Northamptonshire Steelbacks at the Incora Ground, Derby with both teams well in the hunt for a place in the quarter finals.
Hampshire Hawks (155-6) defeat Essex Eagles (123) to win by 32 runs in the T20 Vitality Blast at the Ageas Bowl.
Hampshire Hawks (155-6) defeat Essex Eagles (123) to win by 32 runs in the T20 Vitality Blast at the Ageas Bowl. Under cobalt skies, Hampshire prevailed in a war of attrition at the Ageas Bowl last night. In conditions more suitable for a rugby match than a game of cricket, Hampshire batted well to post…
With the T20 Vitality Blast almost at the half-way stage, two teams are looking particularly strong. In the Northern Group, Lancashire Lightning have won six of their seven games and lead the group by three points. In the Southern section, Surrey have won five of their six matches so far; the other game – against…
Somerset ease past Hampshire Hawks to cruise to the top of the South Group in the T20 Vitality Blast
Somerset eased past Hampshire Hawks to cruise to the top of the South Group in the T20 Vitality Blast. Somerset’s bowlers shared the wickets around their seam attack as they tore through Hampshire’s top order. Josh Davey was the pick of the Somerset bowlers, taking 3-21 as the hosts stumbled to 123 at the Ageas…
Hampshire Hawks welcome Somerset in their second Vitality Blast game of the season at The Ageas Bowl tonight. Paul Blake previews tonight’s action.
Despite a great start with the ball, Hampshire Hawks were unable to capitalise, eventually going down in this white ball season opener by 10 runs. Despite losing three early wickets, Middlesex opener Max Holden and middle order batsman Jack Davies were able to steady the ship. Subsequently, 41 runs off just 27 balls from wicketkeeper-batsman…
England call up Harry Brook and Matthew Potts in LV= Insurance Test squad announcement but selectors resort to type in bringing back Anderson and Broad
The selection panel have announced a 13-strong squad for the first two test matches of the summer against New Zealand. Among the thirteen are Yorkshire batter Harry Brook and Durham seamer Matthew Potts who have been rewarded for their respective strong starts to the County Championship.
Currently second in the LV= Insurance County Championship Division One, Hampshire have started the season very well, particularly with the ball. They have not won the county championship since 1973; forty-nine years ago. With twenty wickets already to his name, Keith Barker has certainly caught the eye. After taking 5-67 in the first innings against…
- For the love of the Game #3 – The Olympiastadion, Hertha BSCIt’s been a good few months since I’ve written a ‘For the love of the Game’ article, and I can’t wait to get to it. I’m at work, on a break, and being fuelled by instant coffee. February has arrived at last. This is the month… Read More »For the love of the Game #3 – The Olympiastadion, Hertha BSC
- Paul Blake looks ahead to the Unibet Tolworth Novices’ HurdleGary Moore will hope Authorised Speed can follow up his convincing win last time out with victory in today’s Tolworth Novices’ Hurdle at Sandown.
- Paul Blake looks ahead to the big races at the Boxing Day meeting at Kempton ParkMonday’s Boxing Day meeting at Kempton Park is set to be a memorable one. In the Long Walk Hurdle (Grade 1), last year’s winner, Champ, attempts to go back-to-back. Punters will be all over Constitution Hill in the Christmas Hurdle, and the King George Vi is quite a competitive race.
- Stage set for a classic Tingle Creek renewalToday’s meeting at Sandown will witness the 43rd running of The Tingle Creek Chase, since it was renamed in 1979. Paul Blake looks ahead to today’s encounter. Formerly, the Benson and Hedges Gold Cup and then The Mecca Bookmakers’ Handicap Chase, the race was run 10… Read More »Stage set for a classic Tingle Creek renewal
- An incredible week for Paul Nicholls as he sails past the half century of winners for the seasonDespite a soggy end to the week at Sandown on Sunday, two winners before the meeting was abandoned after three races, saw Paul Nicholls accrue thirteen winners in just seven days. The twelve time Champion Trainer is just three titles away from matching Martin Pipe’s record of fifteen.
- Jump season opener at Sandown abandoned after just three races amid safety concernsToday’s card at Sandown has been abandoned after an inspection determined that there were issues with access for vetinary and medical vehicles in some parts of the course. Despite passing an inspection earlier in the day, a further 25mm of rain prompted a further inspection after… Read More »Jump season opener at Sandown abandoned after just three races amid safety concerns
- Queen Elizabeth II Stakes may be more open than some might believeThe odds on Inspiral to win the Queen Elizabeth Stakes (Sponsored by Qipco) at Ascot (3.20) on Saturday may be as short as Evens today but this is far from a one horse race. The John and Thady Gosden trained filly comes into the race off… Read More »Queen Elizabeth II Stakes may be more open than some might believe
- William Haggas bids to become the first trainer to win back-to-back Rockingham Stakes at York todayWith two geldings in the race today, William Haggas is going all-out to be the first back-to-back winning trainer of the Listed Rockingham Stakes, in the 2.05 at York today. The Rockingham Stakes is a tough one to win. Just a quick glance down the honours… Read More »William Haggas bids to become the first trainer to win back-to-back Rockingham Stakes at York today
- Al Nafir wins the Old Rowley Cup handicap at NewmarketThe Old Rowley Cup was a real slog in the swirling wind and the outcome could have been anyone’s guess. First and second place went to Charlie Appleby and Godolphin. Pat Dobbs will no doubt be delighted that his mount, Al Nafir was able to see… Read More »Al Nafir wins the Old Rowley Cup handicap at Newmarket
- Oisin James Orr times his run on Midnight Mile to perfection to win the Oh So Sharp Stakes at NewmarketMidnight Mile came from the back of the field to pip Lose Yourself by a head on the line in the 2.25 on the Rowley Mile. The fillies race proved at least as exciting as the meeting opener. Lose Yourself looked for a good while like… Read More »Oisin James Orr times his run on Midnight Mile to perfection to win the Oh So Sharp Stakes at Newmarket
- A bumper weekend of great juvenile action kicks off with victory for Rumstar in the Cornwallis Stakes at NewmarketIt’s a great weekend of action for the juvenile division, the feature of which will be Saturday’s Darley Dewhurst Stakes at Newmarket. The action got underway at Newmarket with success for trainer Johnathan Portman in the 1:50 at on the Rowley Mile, as Rumstar pulled off… Read More »A bumper weekend of great juvenile action kicks off with victory for Rumstar in the Cornwallis Stakes at Newmarket
- Laurel continues her improvement in Group 1 company at NewmarketOn the back of two novice wins over a mile, the John and Thady Gosden trained 3-year-old filly, Laurel, made an impressive step forward in finishing runner-up to Fonteyn in Grade 1 company for the first time at Newmarket today. Following up on a dominant display… Read More »Laurel continues her improvement in Group 1 company at Newmarket
- Equador dream of glory in Qatar – Paul Blake discusses Ecuador’s past experiences with World Cup qualification and looks forward to Qatar 2022.In 2001, When Ecuador coach Hernán Darío Gómez was shot in the thigh by the bodyguard of Joselo Rodriguez, president of the second division Santa Rita soccer club, the relationship between football and political intervention in Ecuadorian sport had reached a significantly low point. Fortunately Gomez’… Read More »Equador dream of glory in Qatar – Paul Blake discusses Ecuador’s past experiences with World Cup qualification and looks forward to Qatar 2022.
- Will an ancient treaty create a Scottish Cup passageway for newly established Doncaster City?English 13th tier outfit Doncaster City have made an audacious attempt to compete in this year’s Scottish Cup. The club, who is under the stewardship of football agent Willie McKay, only formed this summer, but already has a grand vision for the future.
- Adam Farragher, the young apprentice jockey, ‘rated highly’ by William HaggasAs Thunder Legend passes the post an impressive 5 1/2 lengths ahead of his nearest rival, the shutter on my camera fires a dozen times and I have my photo. For 22-year-old apprentice jockey, Adam Farragher, today’s winner is a welcome tonic. In the 4.54 at… Read More »Adam Farragher, the young apprentice jockey, ‘rated highly’ by William Haggas
- Aspiring racing journalists wantedWe are welcoming talented writers to the F2F Team as we seek to rapidly increase the volume of quality content that we are publishing. Do you enjoy horse racing on the flat or over fences? Or perhaps something a little more specific in relation to horse racing, breeding, racing strategy, training or ownership. Then we want to hear from you. Our main goal is to develop and promote you, the writer, so we will work with you to better your writing standards, iron out ideas, develop editing and proofreading, promote your social media links, provide accreditation references where possible and help you take the next steps in the profession.
- Two Hertfordshire race fans take their love of racing to the next levelDean and I have gone back and forth on Twitter for a couple of weeks. I’ve liked a few of his Twitter posts about the Hasmonean Racing syndicate and followed one of his horses at Kempton Park for an article on final2furlongs.com. The syndicate has caught my eye and I’m keen to find out more.
- Brighton Races Rock!My first visit to Brighton Racecourse for an afternoon race meeting is delightful and further proof that you don’t need a card full of Group 1 and Listed Races to put on a great day’s racing. I reflect on a fine afternoon by the seaside.
- Andaleep scores hat-trick victory, despite being hit hard in the ratings.Andaleep (IRE) has been given a +10 lb increase in the ratings following back to back Class 5 wins at Windsor (7th August) and Beverley (10th August).
- Racing tips – Saturday 20th August 2022Today’s Racing Tips 20th August 2022: I have trawled through the tipster columns, form guides, blogs and podcasts to bring you my best value Back and Lay exchange bets for today’s racing.
- Three-year-old Vega Sicilia catches the eye in Novice Stakes at Kempton Park15/8 favourite, Forest Demon, came from the back of the field to win by a neck in The Nursery Handicap Stakes, over 7 furlongs at Kempton today. The 2-year-old Irish raider has raced three times before today and has made little impact in stakes races.
- Racing tips – Thursday 18th August 2022Today’s Racing Tips 18th August 2022: I have trawled through the tipster columns, form guides, blogs and podcasts to bring you my best value Back and Lay exchange bets for today’s racing.
- Racing tips – Monday 15th August 2022Today’s Racing Tips 15th August 2022: I have trawled through the tipster columns, form guides, blogs and podcasts to bring you my best value Back and Lay exchange bets for today’s racing.
- Eve Johnson Houghton lands The BetVictor Hungerford Stakes with JumbyEve Johnson Houghton claimed the 3.35 Hungerford Stakes at Newbury today with her four-year-old colt, Jumby. Despite placing in the Wokingham at Ascot and the Bunbury Cup at Newmarket, Jumby was sent off at 9-1, which would prove to be a remarkable price.
- Racing tips – Friday 12th August 2022Today’s Racing Tips 12th August 2022: I have trawled through the tipster columns, form guides, blogs and podcasts to bring you my best value Back and Lay exchange bets for today’s racing.
- Racing tips – Thursday 11th August 2022Today’s Racing Tips 11th August 2022: I have trawled through the tipster columns, form guides, blogs and podcasts to bring you my best value Back and Lay exchange bets for today’s racing.